Dr. Nathan Rourke, DPT
- Co-owner of The Therapy Institute
- Doctor of Physical Therapy from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in 2015.
- Bachelors in Kinesiology from MSU in 2011.
- Certified by Titleist Performance Institute and Superspeed Golf.
Nathan grew up in Laingsburg, Michigan where he was a multi-sport athlete in high school. Nathan’s professional interests include orthopedic, post surgical, and sports rehabilitation. He is married and has 2 children. In his free time, Nathan enjoys spending time with family, MSU sports, fishing, and golfing.
Dr. Gabe Theurer, DPT
- Co-owner of The Therapy Institute
- Doctor of Physical Therapy from Central Michigan University
- APTA member
Gabe is originally from Vassar, Michigan. He moved to the greater Lansing area 2012. Gabe attended Central Michigan University and graduated with his DPT in 2019. Gabe’s professional interests include orthopedics and sports rehabilitation. He is married and in his free time enjoys staying active, archery and playing hockey.
Steve Houghton, PT
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
Steve graduated from the Wayne State University Physical Therapy program in 1982 after first graduating from Michigan State University in 1980. He teaches continuing education courses to PTs around the country in the area of orthopedic manual therapy. His clinical interests include management of headaches, TMJ dysfunction and vestibular problems. He enjoys flying his homebuilt RV7a airplane.
Christina Strickler, PT
- Bachelor’s of science and physical therapy
- APTA, MPTA, PPS member
Christina was raised in Michigan and attended the University of Michigan Flint Physical Therapy program. She received her Bachelor’s of science in physical therapy in 1987. Christina’s professional interests include: customer service, human resources, leadership training as well as the treatment of TMJ and joint replacement rehabilitation. She is married and is the mother of two adult children. In her free time, she enjoys walking, cycling and travel.
Dr. Melissa Houghton, DPT
- Doctor of Physical Therapy from the University of Michigan-Flint
- BA in Anthropology from Michigan State University and Classics from Grand Valley State University
Melissa grew up in Haslett, Michigan. She originally studied Greek history in graduate school before deciding to pursue her doctorate in physical therapy. Melissa’s professional interests include orthopedics and manual therapy. In her free time she practices martial arts and spends time with her two dogs.
Shannon Branstner, PT
- Bachelors degree in physical therapy from the University of Texas at Austin and UTHSC in San Antonio.
- Licensed massage therapist in 1997.
Shannon moved to Michigan from Texas in 2005. She has professional interests include treatment of the neck, treatment of the TMJ dysfunction and ankle rehabilitation. Shannon is married and the mother of a daughter. In her free-time she enjoys hiking, biking, yoga, baking with her daughter and travel.
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant from Baker College
Jason is a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant. He has an enormous passion for fitness, rehabilitation, and optimizing human performance. Given this unique background he has a special talent for helping individuals who need either rehabilitation or tips on optimizing performance. His current interests are spine-based injuries, shoulder and hip instability, mobility training, and motor control. Jason firmly believes that the patient comes first, no matter the circumstances. Jason enjoys being active and is a native of Lansing, where he lives with his wife and three daughters.
Jeanne Short, Office Manager
- Bachelor of Business Administration from Northwood University
Jeanne grew up in Madison, Wisconsin. She has lived in the Lansing area since 1984. She has spent her professional career in the areas of medical administration, human resource management, and accounting. In her free time she enjoys hiking in the woods, biking, and spending time with her friends and family.
- Graduate from Williamston High School
- Attended classes at LCC
Cindy grew up in Williamston, Michigan. Cindy has over twenty years of office experience. Professionally, Cindy enjoys the customer service aspect of her job. Cindy is married and has three adult daughters. In her free time, she enjoys watching sports, especially MSU.
- BA in English from Oakland University
Bridget grew up in the greater Detroit area and then spent time residing in Ohio, Arizona and Indiana before settling here in Michigan. Bridget works in our front office. She is married and returning to the workplace after spending many years raising her three daughters. In her free time, she enjoys reading, gardening, crocheting and cooking.
- Bachelors degree in Integrative Physiology & Health Sciences from Alma College
Taylor grew up in St. Johns, Michigan before attending Alma College. She continued her education in Speech Language Pathology at San Diego State University’s Global Campus. Taylor previously worked as a Wellness Specialist focusing on helping people meet their overall wellness goals post physical therapy treatment. In her free time, she enjoys biking, writing, and spending time with her friends, family, and many pets.