Steve Houghton, PT
- Co-owner of The Therapy Institute
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
Steve is a co-owner of the Therapy Institute. He graduated from the Wayne State University Physical Therapy program in 1982 after first graduating from Michigan State University in 1980. He teaches continuing education courses to PTs around the country in the area of orthopedic manual therapy. His clinical interests include management of headaches, TMJ dysfunction and vestibular problems. He enjoys flying his homebuilt RV7a airplane.
Christina Strickler, PT
- Co-owner of the therapy Institute
- Bachelor’s of science and physical therapy
- APTA, MPTA, PPS member
Christina was raised in Michigan and attended the University of Michigan Flint Physical Therapy program. She received her Bachelor’s of science in physical therapy in 1987. Christina’s professional interests include: customer service, human resources, leadership training as well as the treatment of TMJ and joint replacement rehabilitation. She is married and is the mother of two adult children. In her free time, she enjoys walking, cycling and travel.
Dr Nathan Rourke, DPT
- Co-owner of The Therapy Institute
- Doctor Physical Therapy from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in 2015.
- Bachelors in Kinesiology from MSU in 2011.
- Certification and Titleist golf performance Institute, level one.
Nathan grew up in Laingsburg, Michigan where he was a multi-sport athlete in high school. Nathan became a co-owner of the therapy Institute in 2019. Nathan‘s professional interests include: sports rehabilitation, joint replacement rehabilitation, neuromuscular reeducation and balance training. Nathan is married and a father of one. Nathan is also a proud dog dad. In his free time, Nathan enjoys MSU sports, time at his cabin fishing, playing golf as well as spending time with his family.
Shannon Branstner, PT
- Bachelors degree in physical therapy from the University of Texas at Austin and UTHSC in San Antonio.
- Licensed massage therapist in 1997.
Shannon moved to Michigan from Texas in 2005. She has professional interests include treatment of the neck, treatment of the TMJ dysfunction and ankle rehabilitation. Shannon is married and the mother of a daughter. In her free-time she enjoys hiking, biking, yoga, baking with her daughter and travel.
Dr. Katie Tshirhart, DPT
- Doctor Physical Therapy from the University of Michigan-Flint
- BS in exercise science with a psychology minor from Cedarville University in 2013.
Katie grew up in West Michigan and moved to the mid-Michigan area after getting her physical therapy degree from the University of Michigan-Flint. Katie’s professional interests include orthopedics and return to sports rehabilitation. She is married and in her free time she enjoys traveling, camping, hiking, volleyball and spending time with her family and friends.
Dr. Gabe Theurer, DPT
- Doctor Physical Therapy from Central Michigan University
- APTA member
Gabe is originally from Vassar Michigan. He moved to the greater Lansing area 2012. Gabe attended Central Michigan University and graduated with his DPT in 2019. Gabe’s professional interests include orthopedics and sports rehabilitation. He is married and in his free time enjoys staying active, archery and playing hockey.
Cherie Gibbs, PTA
- Associates in applied science and a PTA certification from Davenport college.
- Certification in Kinesio-taping and Hawk-Grips deep tissue massage techniques.
Cherie has been practicing as a PTA since 2003. Cherie’s professional interests include rehabilitation of the hip and knee. Cherie is married with two children. In her free time, she enjoys visiting local nature centers and hiking.
- Medical billing certification
- Attended LCC
- Massage therapy certification
Jodi is the Therapy Institute office manager and medical biller. Jodi’s professional interests include: customer service and insurance benefits. Jodi is married and the mother of three daughters. In her free time, she enjoys participating in triathlons, playing volleyball and learning.
- Graduate from Williamston high school
- Attended classes at LCC
Cindy grew up in the in Williamston Michigan. Cindy has over twenty years of office experience. Professionally, Cindy enjoys the customer service aspect of her job. Cindy is married and has three adult daughters. In her free time, she enjoys watching sports, especially MSU.
- BA in English from Oakland University
Bridget grew up in the greater Detroit area and then spent time residing in Ohio, Arizona and Indiana before settling here in Michigan. Bridget works in our front office. She is married and returning to the workplace after spending many years raising her three daughters. In her free time, she enjoys reading, gardening, crocheting and cooking.
- Associates degree in the Arts in Psychology
- General Associates degree from LCC
- Graduated from Haslett High School
Samantha was raised in Haslett, Michigan and attended LCC for her post-secondary education. Samantha works in our front office. She has worked in customer service for over 15 years and has several years of prior receptionist experience. She is the mother of three children. In her free time, she enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her family.